- Uitgever:McGraw Hill Professional
- Aantal Pagina's:176
Read and Write Arabic Script: A Teach Yourself Guide
Now learning non-Roman-alphabet languages is as easy as A-B-C!
Read and Write Arabic Script will help you read and write simple Arabic. This book is a step-by-step introduction to the script that will enable you to read Arabic signs, notices, advertisements and headlines. Even if you think learning the script is a daunting prospect, this book will make it simple. The alphabet is introduced in stages and there's lots of practice of each new character before the next one is introduced. There are plenty of example words and phrases that are seen everywhere in any Arabic-speaking environment so you can familiarize yourself with the most common signs and directions. By the end of the book, you will be reading and writing simple Arabic with confidence and be prepared for your next trip to the Middle East or further study of the language.
- One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started
- Author insights for lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author’s many years of experience
- Useful vocabulary, easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking
- Extra online articles at teachyourself.com to give a richer understanding of the Arabic-speaking culture